Tuesday 24 February 2015

Micomsoft 100% CPU bug fixed

So this bug has been circulating for awhile now and yesterday I discovered the solution. It's not by any means a good solution but it works perfectly. Originally I thought it was to do with what motherboard settings or configuration of C states you had.

You have to update to Windows 8 and all your troubles will be over. Upgrading from 7 was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I'd highly recommend doing this though if you want to have the perfect capture setup.

Click to enlarge

Update for April 2015

So I decided to look back at this and do some more investigation. If we look back at the Micomsoft driver page for v1.1.0.124, we will see this entry.

Windows8使用時にCPU使用率(合計)が98~100%と認識されてしまう問題に対策しました。

Roughly translated, it means they identified and fixed the bug, but only for Windows 8. I guess we can't really blame them since they probably only develop on latest operating systems.

To see if this was true, I downloaded the previous driver where the bug should have still been present (v1.1.0.122). The below screenshot shows the bug active.


I then uninstalled that driver, restarted the system and installed Micomsoft's latest driver. It has now been fixed (you can check the PS3 clock if you want). :P


So yeah, just make sure you are running Windows 8 and the latest drivers. Either from Micomsoft or the Yuan VidBlaster ones and you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment